Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chocolate Covered Pretzels




I love chocolate covered pretzels! The saltiness of the pretzels combined with slightly sweet dark chocolate is sooo delicious! Problem is, all the chocolate covered pretzels I find in the stores are filled with high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and other artificial ingredients that I do not want to eat!

So this weekend I decided to make my own! I started with organic pretzel sticks and then dipped them in melted dark chocolate. And just for fun, I even rolled some in organic coconut and some in organic pecans. They turned out better than I even expected......and without all those bad ingredients!

Now I am just trying to decide if I should add them to my Etsy shop - I am a little concerned about the chocolate melting in shipping.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Love your blog! Any ideas on Wedding Desserts (cake or otherwise) or Wedding Favors?

Thanks,
Kelley
www.myislandwedding.blogspot.com